8.25.2006

Day One of The Experiment featuring Snide Comment to Principal

After homeschooling my kids to 3rd and 1st grade I need some time to finish that novel.
So off I go to register. In the office they are so worried that I am going to sneak my kids into
this utterly average school that I have to provide five forms of proof that I live where I say I do.
Checking in all the forms takes a long while and my 1 1/2 year old starts to get cantankerous.

She is screaming at half volume and trying to drag me to the door. Principal bolts out of her office. She is very young and long-legged. "Can you ask your child to be quiet? I am on the phone and I can't hear anything." Me (in too chipper voice): "Hi 18-month-old! Can you please be quiet?" Stunned silence ensues (on the part of the principal). The baby went right on hollering.

Oddly enough the serious woman checking in my paperwork seemed warmer after that. Is the principal not beloved? Then she informs me that one of my kids will likely be overloaded to another school that has room. Gee, could that be the one that is on probation? This may be a short experiment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home