8.31.2006

XOXO



Girls came running out happy today.

Clem said she got a hug and kiss from her teacher.

"I told Ms. A that I told you I loved my teacher and she gave me a hug. And THEN I gave her the flower and she gave me a KISS!"

Clem also reported that she had made a special friend called Anabella.

Evelyn said her day was GREAT! Turned out this was primarily because at recess she found a bird skull with the vertebrae attached and managed to smuggle it home folded in her crazy shirt.

"I can't believe I got this all the way from recess to home! I was sure if someone discovered it they would say it was dirty and make me throw it away."

I asked if they did any work, she said no, but they did lots of fun crafts. Evelyn said she had made friends with everyone in her class except for a grumpy girl at her table who didn't "like people to say anything wrong about her, even if it was just an accident." Nor, it turns out, did she like critical evaluation of her drawings, even when input was solicited. She drew a face and then asked Evelyn what she had left out. Evelyn told her that she had placed the eyes and nose too high on the face. "But it was too late to fix that."

It was Greta's first day at school, today. As soon as the girls finish piano practice we'll be picking her up.

Oh, one bad note...All 26 registered kids in Evelyn's class were present today. Overloading to another school seems likely.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ewwwwwwwww!

Do we have a budding paleontologist? Or a coroner?

Hope E gets to stay. School nowadays sounds like much more fun than I remember.

2:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is Anabella a real or imaginary special friend?

2:35 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

Bird bones are pretty close to dinosaur bones!

10:30 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

Good news is Evelyn still says Ms. Q is too serious, and she wouldn't mind moving to a different school.

10:32 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

Hmm...now that you mention it, Clem did say that she could see Anabella any time she wanted to, that she just...APPEARS! Must investigate.

10:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does nothing gross out these girls?! Squashed frogs, and now dead birds with eyes still intact!!? And I just had dinner!

10:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is Greta learning in school? I bet none of the other kids says "please" and "thank you" as sweetly as she does.

8:17 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

Greta is learning to feed chickens and pour water from cup to cup, and that plants grow, at least until you yank them up.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2092-2014198,00.html

10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home