9.05.2006

Architect, The Oldest Profession

Oh, no, sir, I'm sorry, sir. I could never answer to a whistle. Whistles are for dogs and cats and other animals, but not for children, and definitely not for me.
The Sound of Music

Just found out that the teachers all have whistles to blow when the kids are misbehaving. Not just outside. In class, too.

Evelyn chose a book from home to read when she was done with her work, because she was done with Hooway for Wodney Wat. She chose the Cartoon History of the Universe. I opened it to a random page and read the speech bubble.

Priests, disgruntled at being drafted into work on the pyramids, spread rumors that pharoah had sold his own daughter into prostitution.

So I asked Evelyn what disgruntled meant. "Unhappy, mad."
And what about drafted? "Forced."
Then in an aside to Mike I said, "I'm not going to ask about prostitution."
Evelyn piped up, "I already know what that means."
Me, "Tell me."
"I think it means they made her help design the pyramid."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home